Friday, May 11, 2012

hey that was fun!



Once per week the men get together for their Bible study and the women and friends get together for their little social gathering. While the men tackle to book of Matthew, the women tackle personal stories, cheese platters and a good game of Six Degrees of Wikipedia. This week we changed it up a little and decided to make it a craft/DIY night. I got this notification about 5 hours before our meeting, and because I don't usually make what I'm going to label as small tool crafts, I had a difficult time coming up with something that didn't require my sander, staple gun, sewing machine, table saw or a can of spray paint.

So I started to research  for a craft on the internet for a small tool craft and found something on a very reliable site many of us know as Pinterest. I have been so addicted to this site lately. There are sooo many fabulous ideas there. So I found this fabulous wreath made by a lady named Myra who is a wonderful Christian lady  whose blog I happened to just stumble upon and who does amazing DIY thrifty things.  You should read her blog

this was the wreathe she made :


I used her's as inspiration to make mine:


I think it turned out pretty good for my first wreath. 
I didn't have burlap so I used an old tweed skirt that I bought at Value Village to make the base, then I wrapped yarn around a bout 1/3 of it and added some fabric flowers, beads, buttons and feathers. Voila!


Also side story. 
(Fritz actually wanted me to post this in my blog. he said, "make sure you mention this in your blog" on our way home from Bible study.)
Do you remember, when watching Rugby, and whenever the game was starting or a goal was made (I can't exactly remember the occurrence) this Spanish sounding trumpet tune would play. So Fritz made that little tune his ring tone for his texts.
Last night He was standing by the coffee table and picked up a shoe horn that happened to be present and proceeded to play it like a trumpet. An right on cue, he got a text and his trumpet song played as he was pretending to play the trumpet on the shoe horn. We all had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment