Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dirty Laundry

For the last two years or so, I have been fiddling with my own laundry detergent. I tried to find the most simple recipes and first ended up with a giant batch of liquid soap that did't stink, but didn't smell like fresh laundry.
Here is a quick and simple recipe that I have been using for the last year:

1:1 ratio of borax and WASHING soda


add either:
1 grated bar of natural soap, the kind you find in the organic section of the store. I personally like lavender because of it's calming effect
or
a couple drops of essential oil in whatever scent you like.
.
.
.

Personally I like the grated bar of soap more.


Just mix it all together in a  big jar. I use a large glass storage jar that holds at least 12 cups, and I make about 10 cups at a time
When it's laundry time I use about 2 Tbsp in a load, sometimes less sometimes more, depending on the size of the load.


This recipe works great for me, I even wash my cloth diapers in it. Most times a recipe calls fro Fells Naptha soap or Ivory, but I have skipped out on that product and just used the organic soap...no chemicals and it smells nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment